To log into the web administration interface, you need
- your extension
- your PIN,
- the Login URL
- a web browser (Internet Explorer 6 or later or Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199 or later)
All of the above are all available from the administrator.
To log into the web administration interface, follow these steps:
- Type the Login URL in a web browser.
- Type your User ID (your extension) in the Login screen. Check Remember my User ID to avoid entering this information each time you log in.
- Type your PIN.
- Click Login.
- If you are logged in and attempt to log in again, the system will log you out of the first session and log you in to a new session. The message "System has detected older open session for this user, which has been invalidated upon current login" is displayed
- You will be logged out if your computer is idle for 30 minutes or more.
After 3 failed login attempts since the last successful login, you are locked out from the webadmin.
The system returns the following message:
Account Locked after 3 failed login attempts. Please contact your administrator.
Note that you can still log into the system through your phone.
Stopping Security Alert at Login
A Security Alert can appear when you log in if the security certificate that is being used has not been identified as a trusted source on your computer. If you trust the source and do not want to see the Security Alert each time you log in, follow these steps:
- Click View Certificate on the Security Alert window.
- Click Install Certificate on the Certificate window.
- Follow the install certificate prompts.
- Click OK on the Certificate window.
- Click Yes on the Security Alert window.
Request a New PIN
If you forget your PIN, you can request that a new one be sent to you by email.
To request a new PIN, follow these steps on the login page:
- Type your User ID.
- Click Forgot Your PIN?.
- A new PIN will be sent to the email address specified on your My Personal Details page. If you do not receive an email with your PIN, contact the System Administrator.
- You will not receive a new PIN by email if you have not entered a valid email address on your Personal Details page or if your company has not been configured for email PIN notification. Contact your System Administrator to request a new PIN.
Your PIN is used for logging into your phone as well as logging into the web interface. To change your PIN, follow these steps:
- Click My Personal Details in the Navigation pane.
- Click Save and Change PIN at the bottom of the page.
The system displays a Change PIN pop-up window.
- Type your old PIN.
- Type a new PIN.
- Type the new PIN again.
- Click Save.
You are returned to the My Personal Details page where the message "Successfully Saved" is displayed confirming that your PIN has been changed.
With Unrestricted PINs, the Change PIN window will refresh, clear all fields, and display an error message in the following cases:
- You enter an invalid old PIN. The error message reads, "Invalid old PIN."
- You enter a new PIN that does not meet the criteria. The error message reads, "New PIN is not valid according to the specified rules."
- The new PIN you re-typed does not match the new PIN. The error message reads, "Please correctly re-type your PIN."
With Restricted PINs, the Change PIN window refreshes, clears all fields, and displays additional error messages in the following cases:
- PIN contains a digit that repeats more than once
- PIN has more than 3 consecutive numbers
This PIN is not the same as the PIN used for voicemail. See Reset Voicemail PIN.
When choosing a PIN, please ensure it is difficult for others to guess and that it conforms to the following rules, in addition to the Unrestricted PINs rules:
- No single number can repeat more than once, for example, 1134 is OK, but 1112 and 1222 are not OK.
- No more than three consecutive numbers at any position in the PIN, for example, 12345, 98762, 09874, 01239 are not OK.
When choosing a PIN, please ensure it is difficult for others to guess and that it conforms to the following rules:
- Your PIN must contain numbers only.
- Your PIN must be between 4 and 10 numbers.
- The new PIN cannot be the same as the old PIN.