Add an External Contacts Speed Dial Entry
To add a new entry to the External Contacts/Speed Dial list, follow these steps:
- Click External Contacts/Speed Dials in the left menu.
- Click Add.
- Type the contact name you want to assign to the entry in the Name field. This can be a person or a company associated with the phone number.
- Type an email address for the external contacts/speed dial entry contact in the Email field (optional).
- Type the phone number you want to assign to the external Contacts/speed dial entry in the Phone Number field.
- Click Save.
- You can choose to map one of the keys on your telephone to dial this number or add it to one of your company phone key profiles.
- Precede external phone numbers with "91" before the area code. For example, 3105551212 would be entered as 913105551212.
- The maximum number of External Contacts entries is 100.
You can use the following special characters in speed dials to allow for conference bridge entries, star codes in digit strings, and pauses.
Inserts a two second pause (default) into a digit string so that you can dial and have digits—for example, a conference bridge code—in the audio path with one touch speed dial. Consecutive pause characters result in a longer pause. For example, assuming the default pause duration, two consecutive pauses result in a four second pause. Non-consecutive pause characters after the first one result in a second, third, and so forth time delay before insertion of the successive digit strings.
Allows for one touch star code dialing.
Pound [#]. Also known as the number sign, hash, or octothorpe.
Acts as an "end of string" or "commit" character. For example, when you are asked to enter your password, followed by the pound sign.
In the following sequence of digits and special characters configured as a one touch speed dial, OfficeConnect dials the number 2223334444, pauses for two seconds while waiting for the system to answer your call and ask for the extension you want to connect to. OfficeConnect then dials the extension 5555 to complete your request.
In the following sequence of digits and special characters configured as a one touch speed dial, OfficeConnect dials the star code *98. Assuming it's a VVX, OfficeConnect connects you to your voicemail.
For Minet phones, you must specify your extension. For example,
(For VVX and phones only)
In the following sequence of digits and special characters configured as a one touch speed dial, OfficeConnect dials the star code *98, pauses for two seconds while waiting for the system to answer your call and ask for your password, enters the password 1945, and commits.